Wireless CSNET Configuration
The instructions are for Windows XP with Service Pack 2
installed, for other operating systems please visit the Systems Group Page at
Windows XP requires update KB893357 to support WPA version 2.
It is downloadable from the
Group or Microsoft if
you do not already have it installed. It does require a reboot after
Configuring the Wireless Network Connection:
- Go to Start->Control Panel and double-click on Network Connections
- Right-Click on your Wireless Connection and choose Properties
- Click on the Wireless Networks tab. Make sure that "Use Windows to
configure my wireless network settings" is checked then click the Add button
under Preferred networks.
- For network name enter wcsnet, choose WPA2 for authentication (make sure
you have update KB893357 installed or this will not be available), choose
AES for data encryption, then click on the Authentication tab at the top.
- For EAP type choose "Protected EAP (PEAP), make sure both the
"Authenticate as..." boxes are unchecked, next click on Properties.
- Uncheck "Validate Server Certificate" and choose "Secured password"
under Select Authentication Method, then click Configure.
- Uncheck "Automatically use my Windows logon name..."
- Now click "OK" on all windows to exit out.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen a bubble should pop up asking
you to enter your credentials, click on it.
- In the window that pops up enter your CSNET username and password, leave
domain blank and click OK.
- Once you have fully connected you will see another bubble pop up.
At this point the setup is complete.
If you are unable to connect please visit the Problem Solving Lab or mail
email@example.com for assistance.